Monday, June 2, 2014

Welcome - Week of June 2, 2014 True Stories Party


Enjoying a True Story

 
We are anxiously awaiting YOUR true story entry.  Be sure to read and comment on those entries near you.  We all love comments!

Peace is Better Than Bitterness by R.T. Kendall

Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. —Hebrews 12:14

When we are bitter, we delude ourselves into thinking that those who hurt us are more likely to be punished as long as we are set on revenge.

We are afraid to let go of those feelings. After all, if we don't make plans to see that justice is done, how will justice be done? We make ourselves believe that it is up to us to keep the offense alive.

That the devil's lie. We only hurt ourselves when we dwell on what has happened to us and fantasize about what it will be like when "they" get punished. Most of all, we grieve the Holy Spirit of God, and this is why we lose our sense of peace.

It is my experience that the quickest way I seem to lose inner peace is when I allow bitterness to reenter my heart. It's not worth it! I made a decision for inner peace. But I found that I had to carry out that decision by a daily commitment to forgive those who hurt me, and to forgive them totally. I therefore let them utterly off the hook and resigned myself to this knowledge: * They will prosper and be blessed as if they had done no wrong.

What's more, I actually began to will this! I prayed for it to happen. I asked God to forgive them. But I have had to do this every day to keep the peace within my heart.  Having been on both sides, I can tell you: The peace is better. The bitterness isn't worth it.

I have come to believe that the only way to move beyond the hurt and go forward in life is through total forgiveness.   Excerpted from Total Forgiveness (Charisma House, 2002).
 
You might enjoy my recent posts
from my other Blog "Joyful Noise"





If you are new to entering a Blog Hop, please review these suggestions.

How to create an acceptable Title to link your actual post, CLICK HERE.

If you enjoy one of the entries, hover over the icon and click to share.

Be sure to use the Tweet at the bottom of Tell Me a Story to invite your friends.

Please link back to this community, either by using the button or simply a text link.  The code for my button is on my side bar.

2 comments:

jviola79 said...

Hazel, there is much wisdom in what you have shared here. Yes, we truly must make the decision each day to protect our inner peace. Grateful to be here. Blessings!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Yes... Letting go of bitterness is an everyday choice! My post this week is about a young mother who has every human reason to be bitter – but she's letting God make her better instead!