Saturday, November 22, 2014

True Story Blog Party will open on Monday night


 
Tell me a Story has a new format.  I will be telling one of my true stories here.
You are invited to follow by e-mail. The e-mail follow box is on my left side bar.

Enjoy a True story today - scroll below

Monday evening, the TRUE STORY Blog Party will open.
Please return Monday to enter YOUR TRUE STORY.

Please also follow by e-mail my other blog:  A Joyful Noise.

View the notice ON THE "BLUE BACK GROUND above" for
Other Blog Hop Suggestions that request "Anything goes."

 
Clean Dishes - Clean Feet

As is my practice, I rinsed off the lunch dishes and placed them in the dishwasher. What I did not notice was that there was water standing on the tops of the cups.

In a few minutes I heard my husband emptying the dishwasher.

OH No, I exclaimed. I just put some dirty dishes in there.

He protested, “Well it is too late now because I am almost done putting them away.”

It is just the two of us living here, and when something like this happens you just make the best of it. If we were out camping who knows how those dishes might have been washed. Perhaps they might have even been washed in cold water or only rinsed at best.

As I reflected on this incident I was reminded when Jesus said “He that is washed doesn’t need to wash again only to wash his feet, because he is every bit clean.”

He meant that once we receive Jesus into our heart, we don’t need to get saved all over again. We are clean and each day as we follow the Lord he keeps us clean.

It is only when we knowingly step into a place where “our feet get dirty” that we need to repent and get our feet washed so to speak. Jesus also said in another place that “You are clean through the Word which I have spoken unto you.”

That is why it is important to read our Bible daily because it is the Word of God that washes over us and keeps us clean.

So next time I rinse the dishes, and start to place them in the dishwasher I will pay better attention to see if there is water standing on top of the cups.

This is a Blog Hop and will open late Monday evening for your entry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't say how many times that has happened to us - even with the green LIGHT being on. Just didn't pay attention. Continually learning to walk in the Word which keeps me covered and helps me "keep my eyes open" so that I am an observant servant!