Monday, November 16, 2015

Tell Me A True Story Blog Party - Week of 11/16/15



Reading a True Story
 
You are invited to enter YOUR True Story at our Blog Party.

Have you tried reading and commenting on a few posts near you?
 
If you enjoy a certain post found on this site - -
Click on their icon to share with Face Book, or Twitter
~ ~ ~
Let Your Flash Light Shine  (A Very Recent True Story)
 
The moonless night was dark, and my dog, Luke needed his final walk before being put to bed.  I turned on the porch light, and for a fleeting second had a thought to take my flashlight.  It was the Lord reminding me, but I passed it off (thinking it was me) and said to myself, I will be careful and I think there is enough light from the porch for me to see.

Those were my famous last words (thoughts) as I ventured out into the night.  Wow it was darker than I thought, and I could visualize myself face down on the pavement.  In less than 30 seconds that vision came true as my foot hit a protruding bump put there for the wheel barrel to pass over the curbing.  My body skidded downward; my face and head hit the cement curb, and my breast probably was shielding my ribs from being broken.

I could feel blood pouring down my face and neck and my dog anxiously was trying to help me.  I lay there for a minute attempting to catch my bearings.  I felt around me - - touching a large free standing 12 x 2 inch high electrical outlet.  The Angels kept me from falling on top of that or it would have been bye bye birdie.

Gaining my footing and heading for our mobile, and the bath room; revealed a cut over my eyebrow and scrapes on my face.  A cold water compress was applied and a Band-Aid to keep the blood from hitting my pillow as I joined my sleeping husband. 

Am I okay?  Yes except for skinned knees, cut on forehead, a black eye and bruises showing up after two days.  I am taking aspirin a couple times a day to keep my blood thin.

Now the moral of this true story is:  Always take the Flash Light and let it shine in the dark.  Heed the voice of the Holy Spirit as He whispers so softly that you think it is your own thought.

I was reminded that we live in a darkened world and many out there are without a (flash) LIGHT.  As we hold the Light of Life High, may we speak out and share the true Gospel so that they too may have this everlasting Light of Life if they will only come to Jesus and kneel at the blood stained cross.
~ ~~

Be sure to encourage your fellow bloggers near you by reading several stories and leaving comments.

Today is our Son Doctor Steven Moon’s 65th Birthday.  Happy Birthday Steve !

Please follow my other blog:  A Joyful Noise by e-mail.
 

7 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

How frightening to take such a topple like that. Knowing you, you put your armor on securely that morning and you were protected by God's angels. It is a good reminder for us to heed the voice of the Holy Spirit remembering the world is a dark place. I hope you are healed and feeling well.

Ifeoma Samuel said...

Hello Aunt Hazel, thank God it was not worse than this! I am so sorry it happened.
It is powerful to listen and obey the Holy Spirit. Disobedience can cost us a lot!
Thank you for today's true story.
* Happy Birthday to Dr. Steve Moon.*
Many Blessings to you Aunt Hazel

Joanne Viola said...

Hazel, I am so sorry for your fall. I hope you are doing better. You drew a wonderful analogy for us all to remember - may we shine our Light into our darkened area. Blessings!

Cheryl said...

Bless your dear heart, Hazel. I am SO sorry you had to go through this. I am so very thankful you didn't break a bone or have any worse injury. It surely was a very needful spiritual application that you shared. Happy Birthday to your son! God bless you and heal you speedily, my friend!

Unknown said...

Oh no! I hate hearing things like this. I'm no stranger to ignoring the callings from within and suffering the consequences. I'm praying for a quick healing for you, my friend. Thanks for the reminder.

And Happy Birthday to your baby! It doesn't matter how old they are, they're still our babies.

Sharon said...

Oh Hazel, I'm so sorry this happened! I'm glad you weren't hurt worse. Prayers for quick and complete healing. God certainly gave you a great spiritual application to pass on to us, though. With The Light of the World accompanying us on every path, and with every step, we never walk in darkness!

And Happy Birthday to your son! Our children, no matter how old they are, are certainly one of God's greatest blessings, aren't they?!

GOD BLESS!

Anonymous said...

Very nice article

nonton film online

drama korea terbaru

nonton film online

drama korea terbaru

berita bola terkini