Monday, April 11, 2016

Tell Me a True Story Blog Party - Week of 04/11/16

You are invited to enter YOUR True Story at our Blog Party. 



Reading a True Story
 
Have you tried reading and commenting on a few posts near you?
If someone comments on your post, please visit their site and leave a comment.

~ ~ ~

After School Treats
(A true story from my book Rescue the Stories, Book One.)

My elementary school was on the same street that we lived on, and although it was a long block, but we did not need to cross any streets. 

When school was over, we would rush home to see what Mother had prepared for our after school treat.

I remember one day, it was fresh hot home made cinnamon rolls, but usually it was a cookie with a glass of milk. 

These treats reminded me of my Mother’s love and her concern that we not famish and waste away between after school and dinner time.

I believe God is that way too, because every now and then he gives us a little taste of His Glory and our memory is jogged to understand His love for us.   

Today we can sit at God’s table and drink of his life giving water, as we read and study His Word, the bread of life.  We are conscious of the fact that someday we will be with Him in heaven at the Grand Supper that He will prepare for those who love Him.

God has special treats for his children, and they are not allotted to simply “After School.”

We can partake of his Holy love, by spending time with him any day of the week, and not just on Sundays or school days.
~ ~ ~

One of Mothers favorite treats was her special Apple Cake and I share her recipe with you.   

Apple Cake
3 cups chopped or sliced apples,
Cover the apples with 2 cups of sugar and set for 10 minutes. 

Mix in separate bowl:  2 eggs, 1 cup oil, 1 tsp. vanilla    
and add to the apples  

Sift:  2 cups flour, 1 tsp. soda, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and add to the above.  Mix with a wooden spoon.  Add 1 cup chopped walnuts and mix well.

Oil an angel food pan, or bunt cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. 
~ ~ ~

Be sure to encourage your fellow bloggers near you
by reading several stories and leaving comments.

 Please follow my other blog:  A Joyful Noise by e-mail.
 

5 comments:

Lux G. said...

I remember enjoying fresh tomatoes after school. I don't know why, I just loved it. :)

Joanne Viola said...

Hazel, I loved that you shared a recipe. I have a similar one which was my aunt's that our family loves. I am definitely printing yours to give a try. Sounds easy & delicious! I am grateful for all you remind us of & share with us! Blessings!

Saleslady371 said...

I think my mom made that cake. Delicious. Great word for us today. Makes me think about that lush table he spreads out for us ... in the presence of our enemies. Blessings!

Unknown said...

That's an awesome analogy! A snack to keep us till dinner... I'd forgotten about that one. Love it.

Sharon said...

God does indeed give us *treats* along the way. And we do well to praise His name for His generous goodness!

GOD BLESS!