Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The Works of Jesus

     Team teaching at Our Bible Study at Church by Donald and Linda, posted from my notes.

 
 
The Bible tells us that Jesus went about teaching, preaching and healing the sick.  He  did  many miracles that amazed those who were with him. Many believed on Jesus when they saw the many miracles he did John 2:23

John 3:2 A ruler of the Jews, Nicodemus came to Jesus, and remarked “No man can do these miracles that you do, except God be with him

John 7:31 And many of the people believed on him, and said, When Christ cometh, will he do more miracles than these which this man has done?

The religious leaders were jealous and angry because Jesus healed on the Sabbath day. They were quick to find fault and would not accept Him as the Messiah.

John 9:16  Some of the Pharisees said, This man is not of God, because he does not keep the Sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.

John 10:25, The people demanded for Jesus to “Show us plainly if you are the Christ.”

Jesus replied, I have already told you and you have seen my works but you simply do not want to believe because you are not one of my sheep.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one.

Upon hearing this statement, they took up stones to stone Jesus, because he made himself equal with God.

As Jesus taught about the Kingdom, he also shared with his disciples that He was to die as a sacrifice for the sins of the world. He shared that in three days He would rise from the dead, and go to prepare a place for them.

The disciples did not understand at the time, but later on after the resurrection they remembered all Jesus had taught them.

Today, each one of us are on different levels of acceptance.  There is a learning process and degrees of knowing.  Here a little there a little.  At some point the light turns on and we acknowledge what is truth and what is error.  The Scriptures reinforce the message to accept Jesus as the Messiah.

People tend to put up filters and at times our hearts are hard as we hold on to previous opinions or teachings we have encountered.

As for the Religious leaders of the Jews, nothing could persuade them even when they saw with their own eyes.

John the Baptist did no miracles at all, but John spoke of this man Jesus and what John said was true.  Many believed on Jesus there.
 
Allow the Holy spirit to reveal to you that Jesus is all He said he was and is.
 

 

No comments: